I love scones and especially Marks & Spencer Food ones (those with dried raisins are delicious). I thought it was time to find a recipe and make scones by myself. I have tested several recipes and I suggest you today, my favorite.
Ingredients (for about 16 scones) :
- 400 g wheat flour
- 100 g semi wheat flour (T65)
- 30 cL semi-skimmed milk
- 150 g raisins or dried cranberries séchées (you can use whatever you want)
- 100 g sweet butter
- 2 tsp yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- one yolk
- Start by preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, the yeast and salt. Add the butter cut into cubes then raisins (or other) and milk.
- First mix with a fork, then knead the dough with the hands until it doesn’t stick anymore. You can add flour if needed.
- Spread the dough until it is about 3cm thick and cut with a biscuit cutter.
- Baste them with yolk.
- Then, place them on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and leave 5 mm maximum between each scone.
- Cook during 15 minutes; the scones shall be golden. Leave to cool on a grid.
The scones are soft and delicious when tasted with marmelade. If you eat it the next day, I advise you to bake them or toast it.
Enjoy your end of week, Xxx